Saturday, July 27, 2013

Limketkai bombing

News of the bombing at Limketkai
late last night has spread
around the world by now.

Here's an official statement from the mayor --
 
PRESS STATEMENT

I was saddened to hear about the bombing incident. What a condemnable and despicable act! This has no place in a peaceful community like ours. My heart bleeds for the victims and his families. MisOr Board Member Roldan Lagbas was very close to me personally. I’ve been on contact since last night with Cagayan de Oro City Police Office Head Col. Graciano Mijares and NBI’s top men.

We will leave no stone unturned in the investigation. Perpetrators must be identified and motive determined, swiftly and thoroughly. Justice must be fully served. The City Government of Cagayan de Oro is committed to coordinate very closely with the police and law enforcement agencies.

I arrived in Macau yesterday to lend support to Milan Milendo’s quest for honor and glory, both for himself and for his city and country. I’ve been in contact and direct communication since last night with police, NBI and our people. Looking for ways to cut trip. Thanks.
 
OSCAR S. MORENO
Mayor

No comments: